Terracotta Installation Guide
Fixing & Sealing
- Fix tiles into flexible floor tile adhesive. We recommend a grout width of at least 5mm
- Once the adhesive has set, clean the surface of the tiles using a dry, white emulsifying pad and wipe with a dry micro fibre cloth, to remove any loose ‘dust’.
- Apply a generous coat of Boiled Linseed Oil (BLO) with a paint brush, removing any excess that has not absorbed after 30 minutes.
- Leave to dry for a minimum of 4 hours and repeat 2 to 3 coats, until the tiles are saturated.
- Leave final coat to dry overnight, remember to remove any unabsorbed BLO from the surface of the tiles after 30 minutes.
- Apply a coat of LTP Antique or Clear Wax with a micro fibre cloth and leave for 15 minutes. Buff well using a soft brush.
- 1 hour after waxing, grout the joints and sponge off residue.
- After 30 minutes, dust off any residual grout from the surface and then leave to dry for a couple of hours.
- Once the grout has firmed off, apply a final coat of LTP Antique or Clear Wax, making sure to cover the grout joints as well.
- For best results maintain tiles with LTP Waxwash
Wax Protection (optional) to reduce the need to re-wax and ease ongoing maintenance.
- Apply an even coat of LTP Ironwax Gloss making sure to cover grout joints as well. Do not rub or buff. Leave at least one hour between each coat (minimum 3 coats) NB: Newly treated surfaces should not be washed or made excessively wet for 3 days following application.
- To help increase the life of the seal, use LTP Floorshine for aftercare of surfaces sealed with LTP Ironwax Gloss.
NB The advice above is given in good faith and from experience gained in multiple installations but is for guidance purposes only. If in doubt at any stage of floor laying, experiment or seek further advice before proceeding.
We, nor the manufacturer can be held responsible for any dissatisfaction resulting from these instructions, nor will we/they accept any responsibility for any damaged or incorrect tiles once they have been fixed.